This is the recipe everyone has been asking for – pure indulgence and definitely one for the chocoholics… Enjoy!!
Makes 24 | Prep time 20 minutes | Cook Time 40 minutes
- 150g salted butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped (or chocolate drops)
- ½ cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 425g can Boysenberries in Syrup, drained
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking paper
- Put the butter and cocoa into a small saucepan. Over a low heat melt the butter and cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until thick and creamy.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, chopped chocolate and self-raising flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Place the drained Boysenberries over the top letting them sink in by themselves.
- Fan-bake for 40 minutes or until the surface of the brownie springs back when lightly pressed with your finger.
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- Cut into pieces and dust with icing sugar or cocoa before serving.